Friday, May 20, 2011

New Addition to Hospitals of Hope

My name is Tricia Erickson and I am the newest addition to the Hospitals of Hope staff. As many of you know, Leta is leaving the Wichita office and moving to Bolivia to be the Volunteer Coordinator. While we are sad to see her go, we are excited for the opportunities she will have in Bolivia.

I thought I would take just a few moments to introduce myself and how I got to Hospitals of Hope. I am a Kansas native born and raised in Newton – just twenty minutes away from Hospitals of Hope.

I graduated from Southwest Baptist University in December 2010 with a bachelor’s degree in communications. In January I got married and moved back to Kansas. I never expected to move back to Kansas. In fact, it was the last thing I wanted to do. But God, with his humor, made it very clear I was supposed to be in Wichita. And as it turns out, he knew what he was doing because he gave me the incredible opportunity to work with Hospitals of Hope.

I am so excited to join the Hospitals of Hope staff. When I graduated, I desperately wanted to work for an organization I believed in and could share their passion for change. Hospitals of Hope is just that organization. I am thrilled to be able to use my skills to help Hospitals of Hope show Christ’s love by healing bodies and souls.

No comments: